Prep 24 hrs
Cook 50 mins
Plan ahead the chicken needs to marinade overnight, if you like lots of honey sauce then double the amounts for the sauce, the cayenne pepper may be omitted if desired.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces (about 8 pieces)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons prepared Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons pineapple jam (or use apricot jam)
- In a small bowl mix together paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper and curry powder.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl (use a bowl large enough to hold all the chicken pieces).
- Sprinkle the spices over the chicken pieces then rub into the chicken well using clean hands (because of the cayenne pepper I would suggest to use disposable rubber gloves).
- In another small bowl combine mustard with honey and jam; pour over the chicken; cover and refrigerate for 8-24 hours.
- Place the chicken onto a baking dish/pan.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (basting occasionally).