Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is very good! I used Kraft Signature Collection Honey Dijon Dressing for this. You can really use any pasta you desire for this. If you prefer a sweeter dressing add in some white or brown sugar to taste.
- 1 1⁄2 cups red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and finely shredded (squeeze out any moisture with hands)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (or use green onions)
- 3 cups cooked vermicelli (cooked only until firm-tender, or use similar thin noodles)
- 1 cup prepared honey Dijon salad dressing (use Kraft brand)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- black pepper
- salt (optional)
- peanuts or toasted sesame seeds
- In a small bowl wisk together dressing, soy sauce and black peper.
- Place the shredded cabbage, carrots and sliced onions in a large bowl; toss to combine.
- Add in the cooked pasta; toss again.
- Pour the dressing over and mix well and season with more black pepper and salt if desired.
- Cover and chill for about 2 hours before serving.
- Before serving top with peanuts or sesame seeds if desired.
Never had a salad like this before and loved it. I'm hooked on cabbage and pasta combos now. I used Dancer's Honey Dijon Mustard Dressing.
I wanted to love this, but just thought it was ok. Something about the taste was off. I suspect it is the addition of the soy sauce. I'd make it again but I'd leave the soy sauce off. Thanks for an interesting one to try for lunches.