Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Copycat recipe for the dressing on the Viva Salad at Joey's
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 -4 teaspoons honey (or to taste)
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper
- For the dressing; in a bowl whisk together garlic, salt, Dijon, honey and balsamic vinegar; add in olive oil in a slow steady stream until emulsified.
- Adjust honey amount adding in more if desired for a sweeter taste, then season with more salt if needed, and black pepper.
- Chill for a minimum of 2 hours before using.
I just whipped this together to pour over a marinated vegetable salad to go with a roast leg of lamb for dinner tonight. This vinaigrette is perfect, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for sharing!! I'm going to keep this recipe on hand.
Delicious on a baby spinach/gorgonzola/pine nut/bacon/mushroom salad. Sprinkle some pomegranate seeds too. Letting it sit is worth it, but I've been fine with a 30 min. wait in a pinch. The key is the vinegar. I use a really good quality vinegar, and a couple of tablespoons of an outstanding aged vinegar I got in Italy.