Recipe by anonymous
This recipe is from the Time-Life Family Favorites collection. I use my own homemade curry powder, posted on this site in this recipe. Be forewarned - this is extremely spicy with both the curry powder and the red pepper flakes so make at your own risk! The raisins are optional - I usually don't add them but if they sound good to you go for it!
Top Review by Chocolatl
The ingredients list looked promising, but there was so much mustard in this, it just overpowered everything else. The chicken was moist and tender, and I think with a little juggling of ingredients--less mustard and more of the other seasonings--this could be a really good dish. I didn't add the raisins because my guys won't eat them. Thanks for posting!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9x9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Between sheets of waxed paper, pound chicken to 1/2-inch thickness.
- In a small bowl, combine curry powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Rub half of the spice mixture on the chicken. Arrange chicken in the baking dish.
- To the remaining spice mixture add mustard, honey and red pepper flakes. Stir well to blend. Spread over chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake until chicken is tender, basting once with butter, halfway through, about 12 minutes.
- Remove chicken to serving platter and sprinkle with almonds and raisins if desired. I serve with white rice to take a bit of the edge off!