Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Mediterranean couscous never tasted so rich and crunchy than with toasted almonds and a glaze of honey Dijon!
- 1⁄2 cup Fisher Chef's Naturals Sliced Almonds, toasted
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked israeli couscous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt & fresh ground pepper (optional)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- For glaze, combine honey, mustard and lemon zest in small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spread almonds in one layer on ungreased shallow baking pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden. Set aside.
- For couscous, bring water to boil in medium saucepan. Cook couscous according to package directions; remove from heat; fluff with a fork. Set aside.
- In large skillet heat oil; sauté onion, bell pepper and carrots until softened. Add couscous, raisins, toasted almonds, turmeric and cinnamon; stir well to combine. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- To serve, lightly drizzle glaze over couscous servings.