This is absolutely incredible!! I hope you try it and enjoy it as much as we did. This has become a very special treat at our house. One thing is for sure... it won't last very long once you make it -- it seems it gets eaten up as soon as it comes out of the oven! It comes from the kitchen at Food Network originally.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced and hulled
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet wine (i.e. Johannesburg Riesling)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 sheets phyllo pastry, fresh or frozen,thawed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 8 tablespoons almonds, finely chopped
- 1Mix the strawberries, wine and 2 tablespoons of the sugar in a small bowl-- set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, 3 tablespoons of the honey and the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in medium bowl until smooth.
- 4Mix in the cream, egg, and vanilla.
- 5Spoon mixture into 9" glass pie dish.
- 6Bake until custard is set; about 20 minutes.
- 7Transfer to a rack and cool completely.
- 8Combine the butter and remaining 2 tablespoons of honey in a small saucepan.
- 9Stir over low heat until butter melts and honey dissolves.
- 10Remove from heat.
- 11Arrange 1 phyllo sheet on work surface with long side parallel to the edge of the surface (cover remainder with plastic wrap and damp kitchen towel).
- 12Brush lower half of phyllo lengthwise with butter mixture.
- 13Fold phyllo in half lengthwise.
- 14Brush with butter mixture.
- 15Spoon 1/8 of custard mixture near 1 short edge of phyllo.
- 16Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of almonds.
- 17Fold 1 corner of phyllo over custard; continue folding like you would a flag, forming a triangle and enclosing filling completely.
- 18Repeat with remaining phyllo, butter, custard and almonds.
- 19Transfer pastries to a buttered baking sheet.
- 20Brush pastries with remaining butter mixture.
- 21Bake until golden brown, about 18 minutes.
- 22Serve warm or at room temperature with sliced strawberries and juices.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Custard Filled Phyllo Triangles With Strawberries
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.9
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 98.3 mg
- Sodium 217.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: