This is absolutely incredible!! I hope you try it and enjoy it as much as we did. This has become a very special treat at our house. One thing is for sure... it won't last very long once you make it -- it seems it gets eaten up as soon as it comes out of the oven! It comes from the kitchen at Food Network originally.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced and hulled
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet wine (i.e. Johannesburg Riesling)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 sheets phyllo pastry, fresh or frozen,thawed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 8 tablespoons almonds, finely chopped
- 1Mix the strawberries, wine and 2 tablespoons of the sugar in a small bowl-- set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, 3 tablespoons of the honey and the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in medium bowl until smooth.
- 4Mix in the cream, egg, and vanilla.
- 5Spoon mixture into 9" glass pie dish.
- 6Bake until custard is set; about 20 minutes.
- 7Transfer to a rack and cool completely.
- 8Combine the butter and remaining 2 tablespoons of honey in a small saucepan.
- 9Stir over low heat until butter melts and honey dissolves.
- 10Remove from heat.
- 11Arrange 1 phyllo sheet on work surface with long side parallel to the edge of the surface (cover remainder with plastic wrap and damp kitchen towel).
- 12Brush lower half of phyllo lengthwise with butter mixture.
- 13Fold phyllo in half lengthwise.
- 14Brush with butter mixture.
- 15Spoon 1/8 of custard mixture near 1 short edge of phyllo.
- 16Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of almonds.
- 17Fold 1 corner of phyllo over custard; continue folding like you would a flag, forming a triangle and enclosing filling completely.
- 18Repeat with remaining phyllo, butter, custard and almonds.
- 19Transfer pastries to a buttered baking sheet.
- 20Brush pastries with remaining butter mixture.
- 21Bake until golden brown, about 18 minutes.
- 22Serve warm or at room temperature with sliced strawberries and juices.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Custard Filled Phyllo Triangles With Strawberries
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.9
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 98.3 mg
- Sodium 217.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: