Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Favorite soup of all time! The sweet of the honey & yams provide the perfect balance to the heat of the curry and pepper. Beautiful color, too. Also: Do try eating it together with the popcorn!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 5 cups chicken stock or 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 lb sweet potato (yams)
- 1 medium russet potato
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 -3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Peel and chop the potatoes into chunks
- Heat oil over medium heat in soup pot.
- Add onion, Saute until translucent (2-3 min).
- Add garlic, Saute 1 min.
- Add stock and potatoes.
- Cover & simmer until potatoes are tender (~15 min).
- Puree mixture (in batches).
- Return pureed soup to pot, over low heat.
- Add 5 tbsps honey, curry powder, chili pepper, ginger, and bell pepper.
- Simmer and adjust seasonings.
- Serve with final tbsp of honey drizzled on top,
- and eat with popcorn.