Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you like the sound of this, you are gonna love the taste. No fuss, alot of Buzz!
Make and share this Honey Curry Sole Fillet recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup liquid honey
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 4 thick fresh sole fillets
- roasted almonds
- oven preheated 350F degrees.
- combine honey, mustard, curry,& butter in small bowl; mix well.
- lightly butter shallow baker; add sole fillets, slightly overlapping is good.
- Top side up.
- pour curry sauce on top; bake (uncovered) for 15-20 minutes.
- serve warm, with cilantro and roasted almond pieces on top.
This was WONDERFUL!!! I used fresh rainbow trout and whiting fillets and served it with rice. It was good with the whiting but it was FABULOUS with the trout. And the sauce was perfect spooned over the rice. A definite keeper!
This recipe was a great basic plan from which I improvised and created a very spicy and lovely version on a bed of kale and home grown tomatoes. I replaced the honey with agave nectar and reduced by 1/2, replaced the butter with a small amount of olive oil, and increased curry (a good sprinkling of pure turmeric, about a tbl of garam masala, and solid sprinkling of red pepper flakes). Also used two large garlic cloves and about 1 and 1/2 inches of pressed ginger in the sauce.
This is a great recipe-simple yet full of flavor! Of course, I had to make it southern by using toasted pecans instead of almonds. I served it with cous cous and a salad consisting of mixed greens, thinly sliced red onions, sliced fresh Louisiana strawberries, fresh mint, toasted pecans and dressed with a strawberry balsamic .