Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my family's favorite dish, I usually double the honey mixture because we like more sauce. If I use chicken breasts I will either butterfly or pound them with a mallot, that way they're not as dry. I also cook a little longer so the sauce reduces and turns to a nice glaze.
- 1 whole cut up chicken (or chicken breasts or chicken thighs)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Combine margarine, mustard, honey and spices.
- Dip chicken in sauce and place in a 13x9 baking dish, pour remaining sauce over chicken.
- Bake covered at 375 for 1 hour.
- I usually bake uncovered for the last 30 minutes and turn the chicken as it browns.
- Serve over rice.
Thank you so much for this recipe. It taste just like my step-mother used to make and I've misplaced her recipe. This is exactly like she made it. My husband and 3 sons all love it and that's saying alot! :) Thank you.
MY favorite! Ive made this a couple times now and I love it! My husband even ate it (he's picky about his meat) and most recently, my 15 month old DD was at my plate begging for the sauce and rice. Very tastey and easy to make.
Thanks Donna H, I was just looking thru my recipes and realized I hadn't rated this. I made it about a month ago and everyone really enjoyed it. Thanks Rita