Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This yummy roasted chicken and vegetables are glazed in a honey curry sauce. Quick, easy and delicious.
- 1 (3 lb) chicken
- 4 medium red potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 6 carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 12 whole fresh mushrooms
- 2 apples, cored and quartered (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the chicken breast side down on a rack in a roasting pan, and roast 1 hour in the preheated oven.
- Place the potatoes and carrots in a pot with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil.
- Cook 20 minutes, or until tender.
- In a saucepan, mix the honey, mustard, butter, onion, curry powder, salt, cayenne pepper, ginger, and garlic.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Turn chicken over, breast side up and drain the drippings from the roasting pan.
- Arrange the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, and apples around the chicken.
- Drizzle the chicken and vegetables with the honey mixture.
- Continue roasting 20 minutes, or until the glaze has browned.
- The chicken meat should reach an internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C).