Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 14 mins
Cook 1 hr
This yummy roasted chicken and vegetables are glazed in a honey curry sauce. Quick, easy and delicious.
- 1 (3 lb) chicken
- 4 medium red potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 6 carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 12 whole fresh mushrooms
- 2 apples, cored and quartered (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the chicken breast side down on a rack in a roasting pan, and roast 1 hour in the preheated oven.
- Place the potatoes and carrots in a pot with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil.
- Cook 20 minutes, or until tender.
- In a saucepan, mix the honey, mustard, butter, onion, curry powder, salt, cayenne pepper, ginger, and garlic.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Turn chicken over, breast side up and drain the drippings from the roasting pan.
- Arrange the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, and apples around the chicken.
- Drizzle the chicken and vegetables with the honey mixture.
- Continue roasting 20 minutes, or until the glaze has browned.
- The chicken meat should reach an internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C).
Really GOOD! I modified it some to be faster and easier. Put raw cut up veggies and chicken in casserole dish and then made the sauce and poured on top. Cook for about an hour at 400Ëš