1 hr 14 mins
This yummy roasted chicken and vegetables are glazed in a honey curry sauce. Quick, easy and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 lb) chicken
- 4 medium red potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 6 carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 12 whole fresh mushrooms
- 2 apples, cored and quartered (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2Place the chicken breast side down on a rack in a roasting pan, and roast 1 hour in the preheated oven.
- 3Place the potatoes and carrots in a pot with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil.
- 4Cook 20 minutes, or until tender.
- 5In a saucepan, mix the honey, mustard, butter, onion, curry powder, salt, cayenne pepper, ginger, and garlic.
- 6Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 7Remove from heat, and set aside.
- 8Turn chicken over, breast side up and drain the drippings from the roasting pan.
- 9Arrange the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, and apples around the chicken.
- 10Drizzle the chicken and vegetables with the honey mixture.
- 11Continue roasting 20 minutes, or until the glaze has browned.
- 12The chicken meat should reach an internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Curried Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (590 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 799.3
- Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 185.3 mg
- Sodium 631.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 36.6 g
- Protein 47.4 g