Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a deliciously sweet and spicy chicken recipe. You can easily make this recipe spicier by adding more ginger to suit your taste.
- 4 chicken breasts, skin on
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger (grated or finely chopped)
- salt and pepper
- In a well greased/buttered baking dish, arrange the chicken skin side down.
- In a bowl combine all other ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Pour over chicken and refrigerate 1 hour (more if desired).
- Drain and reserve excess sauce.
- Bake chicken, uncovered in a preheated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes; baste periodically with remaining sauce.
- Turn chicken over and baste with remaining sauce.
- Bake chicken another 20 to 30 minutes or until tender and no pink remains; basting periodically.
- Serve along side your favorite Basmati rice recipe and enjoy!
Fabulous taste and easy to prepare. What more could you ask for! My version of this recipe calls for a tablespoon of curry powder or garam masala instead of 1 tsp of each. My only other change is, I bake the chicken with all the marinade together instead of basting. The pan juices are incredible over...anything! I'm hoping this summer to try this recipe on the grill.
This went down a storm in my house. Even my picky wife loved it. I made double the sauce but left out the hot sauce and the ginger. I also added quite a bit more curry powder and garam massala. Served it with peppers stuffed with cous cous. This will now be a regular meal in our house. Thank you :-)
This was fantastic! I melted everything in a skillet though and sauted cut up chicken breast in it. I poured it over white rice and even the Hubby loved it :) Thanks for a new staple in our menu.