Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
What a treat for that sweet craving, not high in fat either. This would be great placed in some decorative tins and given as a gift.
Top Review by sprue
this was easy to make but a little boring in the flavor department. to make it better (to my liking) i did the following. added more pecans. added a tiny bit of vanilla to the sugar/honey mix after it had boiled, and before i put the popcorn in the oven i shook salt over it and again when i stirred half way. this gave it a nice sweet-salty taste like kettle corn and it was pretty good.. and for anyone else out there like me who doesnt know how much 3 quarts is.. its 12 cups.. but i'm sure most of you already knew that... thanks i had fun trying this recipe.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3 quarts hot air popped popcorn
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 300°F; spray large nonstick baking sheet with spray.
- Combine popcorn and pecans in large bowl; mix lightly.
- Set aside.
- Combine brown sugar and honey in small pan.
- Cover and cook on medium heat just till brown sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over popcorn toss lightly to coat evenly.
- Transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.
- Spray large sheet of wax paper with spray.
- Transfer popcorn to wax paper to cool.
- Store in airtight containers.
- You can add 1 cup chopped, mixed dry fruit immediately after removing from the oven if desired.