1/1 Photo of Honey Crunch Multi-Grain Bread
3 hrs 35 mins
Mixed on the dough cycle in my bread maker, then baked in my oven! Prep time includes mixing on the dough cycle, and the approximate time for a second rise before baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup water (cold, straight from faucet)
- 3 tablespoons water (cold, straight from faucet)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 large egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup multi-grain cereal (UNCOOKED Hodgson Mill Multi-Grain Cereal with Milled Flaxseed and Soy, preferred)
- 2 tablespoons honey crunch wheat germ
- 3 teaspoons vital wheat gluten
- 2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 tablespoon honey crunch wheat germ (OPTIONAL topping for shaped dough)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (OPTIONAL ~ brush on warm baked loaf for soft crust)
- 1Place dough ingredients, in order listed, into the bread machine pan, ending with the yeast in one corner, and the salt in another corner.
- 2Select dough cycle on bread maker ~ remove dough from machine after the first rise.
- 3Spray a plastic mat with cooking spray, then plop the dough onto the mat, folding the dough and punching it down ~ then shape the dough into a loaf.
- 4Spray a Pyrex loaf pan with cooking spray; add the loaf and slash the dough a few times if desired.
- 5FOR TOPPING: Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon honey crunch wheat germ on top of shaped and slashed loaf, if desired.
- 6LET DOUGH RISE UNTIL DOUBLED. (Depending upon the temperature of your kitchen, this could take 1 1/2 hours, or more!).
- 7Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 8Place Pyrex loaf pan into oven, THEN IMMEDIATELY REDUCE OVEN TO 375F ~.
- 9Bake 20 minutes ~ Tent loosely with aluminum foil, and continue baking for another 15 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven, and turn bread onto a wire rack to cool.
- 11Brush top, sides, and bottom of warm loaf with melted butter, if desired for a soft crust.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Crunch Multi-Grain Bread
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.6
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 18.3 mg
- Sodium 246.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vital wheat gluten