Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Crunchy, low fat, AND good. From Some Like it Hot Junior League of McAllen Tx.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Grape-nuts cereal
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken in baking pan.
- Combine yogurt and mayonnaise. Spread on both sides of chicken using pastry brush.
- Crush cereal in blender or food processor or place in ziploc and crush with rolling pin.
- Sprinkle crushed cereal on top side of chicken.
- Drizzle chicken evenly with honey.
- Baked uncovered for 40-45 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
We enjoyed this unique taste but our kids weren't quite as thrilled. This was easy and quick to make and I will make it again in the future. Thanks for the recipe. MADE FOR ZWT4 for the DAFFY DAFFODILS
I might sub something for the mayo, because it kind of bothered me, cooking mayo, but this was good.
This is certainly an interesting way to prepare chicken breasts ~ different taste provided by the honey & yogurt, as was the crunchy cereal! By the time we'd come to a decision about whether or not we liked it, it was all gone, so I guess that means it was good, right! [Made & reviewed as a kidnapped recipe in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #16]