Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
My SIL made these for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving. These are a sweet and crunchy breakfast treat. Quick and easy to make.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, Sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F Mix cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of the honey. Stir in almonds.
- Unroll crescent roll dough; separate into 8 triangles. Spread 1 rounded tablespoons cream cheese mixture onto each triangle; roll up each loosely, starting at shortest side of triangle, rolling to opposite point.
- Place rolls on ungreased baking sheet; curve each into crescent shape. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bale 12 to 14 minute or until golden brown. Serve rolls warm, drizzled with remaining honey.
I really enjoyed these; DH, not so much...honey is not his favorite. I used RF crescents, as that is what I had on hand. I also used star thistle honey, that I received as a gift. After they were baked, I heated the honey a bit, added the cinnamon and brushed the mixture over the tops. I will be making these again! Thanks, KelBel, for a great breakfast idea! (Sorry; I apparently forgot the star rating...this has been corrected!)
EXCELLENT!!!! these are too easy to be this good!!! I didn't have nuts but it did not matter.....they were wonderful without them.... I made a double batch and took a plate to my elderly neighbor and her husband.. then another plate to my other elderly neighbor lsdy.. they are all in their mid to late 80s... were they ever happy.... a nice thing to make if you have a friend drop in unexpectantly... very fast very easy very very good...glad I saw Hadice's review this a.m. they are truly terrific
DH called these 'bites of heaven!' Light and just the right amount of sweetness. I added cinnamon and almonds to the cream cheese as well as the top. Pillsbury makes 'Recipe Creations' crescent dough which let you choose the shape of your roll, a fun change from regular crescents. Yum! A nice dessert when you just need a hint of sweet. Best served with a cold glass of milk!