Recipe by Dib's
Here's another Holiday Helper I found in the Calgary Herald today.
Top Review by * Pamela *
I cheated a bit and added all of the "extra" spices and flavours to my canned cranberry sauce which I had already purchased when you suggested this recipe. This added a truly perfect flavour to my favourite part of turkey dinner! I plan to make this again and next time try it right from scratch,and I may use a little less honey too. This recipe is great for anyone wanting to jazz up plain old canned sauce. Thanks!
- 1 (12 ounce) package cranberries
- 1 3⁄4 cups cranberry juice
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 cinnamon sticks, 4 inches long
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 dash sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes or until berries pop and sauce is thickened.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and bay leaf; cool.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to four days.