1/1 Photo of Honey Crackles
This is our traditional family snack, much beloved even by people who don't normally like cereal. I have taught this one in numerous cooking classes for teenagers, and none have experienced any "failures", so I think it's fairly easy as long as you don't substitute and mix the honey/butter into the cornflakes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare two sheet pans of foil muffin cups (patty pans).
- 2Separate the paper liners from the foil.
- 3Pour the entire contents of corn flake package into a very large bowl.
- 4Set oven to 350* F.
- 5In a small saucepan, melt the honey, butter and sugar on medium heat.
- 6Do not let it boil: you only want a warm liquid.
- 7Pour onto the corn flakes.
- 8Mix well with a spatula.
- 9Really, really well.
- 10You mix and mix until every one is coated, about 10 minutes.
- 11Lots of little hands can help.
- 12The raw mixture is pretty yummy too.
- 13Over-fill each foil cup.
- 14Set touching each other on the tray.
- 15Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until the cornflakes are JUST starting to colour.
- 16It will depend on your oven and where your trays are.
- 17If you prefer them less crunchy, take them out a couple of minutes early.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Crackles
Serving Size: 1 (853 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.8
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 188.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 1.4 g