1/1 Photo of Honey Crackle Corn
1 hr 20 mins
Once upon a time, I found this recipe in the L.A. Times food section. I made it a couple of times, then I lost the recipe. So I wrote to the "Culinary SOS" and requested it. Lo and behold, they printed it in the paper for me and also included it in the book "Dear SOS: Thirty Years of Recipe Requests to the Los Angeles Times". It is fun to make and fun to eat. People think it is "Store-Bought".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Turn popped corn into a large, shallow roasting pan (I use a disposable aluminum roasting pan); sprinkle almonds over corn.
- 2Melt butter or margarine in a 1-quart saucepan; stir in honey and brown sugar.
- 3Cook, stirring, over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil; simmer without stirring for 5 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in vanilla; pour mixture over popped corn and almonds and stir until well mixed.
- 5Bake at 250 F for 1 hour, stirring well every 15 minutes.
- 6remove from oven and continue stirring as mixture cools - this keeps the popcorn from clumping up and helps give the "store-bought" appearance.
- 7Cool completely and store in a tightly covered container.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Crackle Corn
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.8
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 75.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 3.0 g