Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a delicious, moist, sweet cornbread that everyone will love. A family favorite that I have made for years.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- In a bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add cream, oil and honey; beat well.
- Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 400F for 20- 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Very good, but as usual I had to change it. I didn't have cream so I used buttermilk, and I added 1/3 cup of frozen corn, thawed. It was very moist, and my husband loves honey so it was a good compliment to red beans and rice. Thanks, Christine. Carole in Orlando
This is a tasty recipe. I baked it in a 9" springform pan and it was perfect. I did substitute whole milk for cream. This was moist on the inside and the top crust just beginnig to crack. Thanks for a great recipe!
Good honey flavor. A bit dry and crumbly probably because I used half-n-half instead of heavy cream. I baked it at 375F for 20 mins and it's done. *Update* This cornbread somehow tasted better and became more moist the next day.