Recipe by tbean1
Walt Disney World - 'Ohana, Polynesian
Top Review by mike.palmer67
I hate to tell you but this is not the right recipie for these wings, and how i know this is because i was an assistant chef at this reasturant, although it is similar it is not the exact same recipie, Disney would not give out there secrets. But if you want the real recipie just let me know andi will e-mail it to you. ><
For the wing seasoning
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 lbs chicken wings, and drumettes
- 2 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the coriander wing sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover a cookie sheet in foil and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Make wing seasoning by placing all ingredients (through cayenne pepper) in a small bowl and using a whisk to incorporate.
- Put the chicken and 2 tablespoons of wing seasoning in a large bowl. Add enough oil to coat the chicken evenly and mix well with your hands.
- Spread the seasoned chicken in a single layer on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the thickest part of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Meanwhile, place all wing sauce ingredients in a large saute pan and bring them to a gentle simmer over medium-low heat. Cook and stir until thickened.
- Using tongs, transfer the cooked wings into the sauce.