Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Found in an old holiday cookie pamphlet at a garage sale. Original recipe: Mrs. Ira S. Bailey. I don't time myself, so times are a guess.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut, divided use
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal (slightly crushed)
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add milk, flour, honey and salt; stir over med. heat until dough leaves sides of pan and forms a ball.
- Stir in 1 cup coconut and the vanilla. Cool.
- Add cereal and shape into 1 inch balls. Roll in remaining coconut.
These were served by a friend at book club and everyone wanted the recipe. After she sent the recipe, I checked and found it here. Yummmm!!!