Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Honey cloud pancakes with fruit. Light, eggy and sweet, they're the perfect cross between a pancake and a Dutch baby
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 cup almond milk, slightly warmed
- 1⁄4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 tablespoon clarified butter or 1⁄2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cup fruit (strawberries, blueberries, peaches)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (Topping)
- 1⁄4 cup fruit, your choice (Topping)
- 1 teaspoon organic powdered sugar (Topping, dusting)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In small bowl, whisk the egg white until soft peaks form (** or use a stand mixer).
- In a medium bowl, add the whole egg and sweet rice flour. Whisk until combined.
- Add salt, honey, and vanilla. Whisk again to combine.
- Add the warm milk. Whisk one last time to combine.
- Gently fold in the eggs whites with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Over a low temp on the stovetop, heat a 6" oven proof skillet for a minute or two. Add the coconut oil and spread it around the pan as it melts . making sure the inside is thoroughly coated.
- Pour the batter inches.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and cook the pancake on the stovetop for 2 or 3 minutes, or until the pancake is beginning to set at the edges.
- Sprinkle some fruit on top.
- Transfer the pan from the stovetop to the oven and bake for 7-8 minutes. You'll want it to be poofed & golden . with the middle set.
- Take it out of the oven . drizzle with maple syrup (or honey) . top with extra fruit . sprinkle with powdered sugar.