Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Easy recipe to dress up carrots
- 12 whole new 6 inch carrots, scrapped
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted (or less)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- chopped parsley (to garnish) (optional)
- Cook the carrots in apprx 1" of water for 10 minutes, they should still be slightly crisp so the time depends on the size/thickness of the carrots. Drain. While the carrots are cooking, mix together the melted butter, honey & grated citrus peel. Pour over the drained carrots and warm the carrots through over low heat until the carrots are glazed. Sprinkle with chopped parsley (optional).
This was a lovely recipe - quick and easy, and tasted great. I really liked the combination of the butter, honey and citrus. I'll make this one again! Thanks for posting it, Bergy.