1/1 Photo of Honey-Cinnamon Cookies
These cookies have a unique and delightful flavour. One of my taste-testers swore she could detect nutmeg in the batter, and declared it the secret ingredient (there is none). These crispy, thin cookies should be stored in an airtight container. Recipe from Krystel at allrecipes.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2In a medium bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, honey and egg on medium speed, scraping bowl constantly until smooth.
- 3In another bowl, thoroughly combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; then add this to the honey mixture.
- 4Mix only until just combined.
- 5The dough will feel almost liquid.
- 6Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 7The recommended baking instructions were: bake until just set and light brown around the edges (surfaces of cookies will appear shiny), 7-9 minutes.
- 8I pulled them out at this point and thought they were too soft.
- 9I put them back in until the cookies were rather uniformly dark brown and crisp-looking, about 14 or so minutes total (just carefully watch).
- 10As soon as cookies come out of oven, sprinkle some of the cinnamon-sugar topping over the cookies.
- 11Let stand 3 minutes before removing cookies to wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-Cinnamon Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.3
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.9 mg
- Sodium 53.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 0.7 g