Prep 0 mins
Cook 18 mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable shortening or 1 cup butter
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut, flaked
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a saucepan, melt the vegetable shortening (or butter) and chocolate. Add the honey and stir until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the two eggs lightly.
- Pour half of the beaten egg into the honey mixture. Blend well.
- Repeat with the remaining half.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients.
- Blend well.
- Stir in the oats and coconut. Drop the dough by spoonfuls 1 1/2-inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until lightly colored.
- Transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool.
A nice soft cookie but nothing super special.
I have been looking for this recipe! I believe this is used by Montana Bread Co. for their delicious cookies. Thanks so much!
Wonderful cookies, not too sweet - just right.