Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons butter substitute
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Dissolve sugar in milk and honey. Add grated chocolate, butter, and salt. Stir until well blended.
- Cover until boiling point is reached. Boil to soft ball stage (234 - 238 F).
- Cool to room temperature. Add flavoring. Beat until mixture is thick, creamy, and will hold its shape when dropped from a teaspoon.