Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A cookie made with honey!...What can I say, but "YUM"!
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Beat honey and butter until creamy but not fluffy.
- Beat in egg yok and vanilla.
- Combine four, oats, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet mixture until well blended.
- Mix in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten each cookie with a spoon.
- Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes or until tops are dry.
- Cool on wire racks.
These did not turn out for me at all. The taste was quite off and they had a weird tang. I think maybe it was the baking soda? Everything came together very easily and I love honey. I did have a taste of the honey mixed with the butter, which was very good! I may just whip some together for biscuits. Also, I baked them for 15 minutes and they were already done at the timer. I'm very sorry.