Recipe by Puppeteer
I'm always on the lookout for "natural" recipes that don't use refined sugars. My daughter and I made these last night and snuck some this morning. They are good right out of the oven, but taste even better the next day. They have a somewhat cakelike texture and are soft and moist. Enjoy!
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softenend
- 1 1⁄4 cups honey
- 2 -3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (or half of each, optional) (optional) or 1 cup shredded coconut (or half of each) (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (or to taste!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and honey.
- Add beaten eggs, vanilla, and melted chocolate. Mix well.
- In a separate container, mix together all dry ingredients except the oatmeal, coconut, and nuts. (You may wish to sift the flour.).
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add the coconut, nuts, and chocolate chips.
- The mixture will probably be a bit more gooey than your standard cookie recipe -- don't worry.
- Place dough in the fridge while you preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 14 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!