Recipe by Maeve R
A good friend, who shares my love of cooking, gave me this recipe about 5 years ago. I don't know where she got it. Everyone who tastes the cookies, loves them. The recipe has no eggs and for those with gluten allergies, they work fine with rice flour. Do let people know they are made with honey; some people are deathly allergic to it.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Cream honey, sugar and butter together until smooth.
- Add flour mixture and beat until just smooth. Do NOT overbeat or the cookies will be too soft. (Trust me.)
- Add chocolate chips.
- Drop on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 20 minutes (If you have a convection oven, they will be done in about 12 minutes.).
- Let them cool on the pans unti you can lift them off with a spatula to cooling racks.