Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Not your standard toasted nuts; sweet, yet slightly salty, with a flash of smokey fire. Goes great in soups (especially sweet potato or pumpkin) and salads or delicious on their own as a snack or party appetizer.
- 29.58 ml honey
- 7.39 ml dried chipotle powder
- 3.69 ml ground cinnamon
- 473.18 ml pecan halves
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 3.69 ml salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a skillet, warm honey with chipotle powder and cinnamon over low heat, then add the nuts and stir to coat evenly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then spread nuts evenly in a single layer on the sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until nuts are fragrant (10-15 minutes).
- Allow to cool slightly (1 minute).
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and salt.
- Add the warm pecans, and toss to coat evenly.
- Spread out on fresh sheet of waxed paper and let dry completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Honey-Chipotle Pecans aka crack, or at least they should be. Honestly, you need to give us some warning with a recipe that is so delicious that you find yourself eating a weeks worth of calories before they have cooled from the oven.=) Thank you for sharing a recipe that I will probably make forever!
Ohhh, I must not make these too often; I can't stay away from them!! I don't have chipotle powder, so in its place I use 1 tsp. chili powder, 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp smoked paprika, and 1/8 tsp Ghost pepper powder. Perfect kick at the end when I'm eating them!!
I love nuts. For instance my sister...she's as nutty as a pecan pie and I STILL love her. Wonderful recipe!