1/3 Photos of Honey Chipotle Mexican Rice
Slightly sweet and spicy rice to serve with any Mexican meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped
- 198.44 g fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained (1/2 of a 14 oz can)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 59.14 ml water
- 2.46-4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- 59.14 ml honey
- 14.79 ml cider vinegar
- 1-2 medium jalapeno
- 236.59 ml MINUTE White Rice
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 2.46-4.92 ml kosher salt
- 1In a small saucepan, bring chile, tomatoes, water, onion, garlic, salt and red pepper to a boil for 2 minutes, then reduce to a simmer. Cook, slowly, covered for 15 minutes.
- 2Puree mixture in a blender (or use an immersion blender) until smooth. Stir in the honey and vinegar. You can make this ahead and refrigerate for a couple of days if needed. NOTE: You will need exactly 1 cup of the puree for the rice.
- 3Remove ribs and seeds from jalapenos and discard. Mince flesh and set aside.
- 4Place rice in a fine mesh strainer and rinse under cold running water until water runs clear- about 1 1/2 minutes.Shake rice vigorously to remove excess water.
- 5Heat oil in a large skillet or saute pan over medium high heat about 2 minutes. Drop a few rice grains in and if they sizzle then it is ready. Add rice and fry stirring until rice is light golden and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 6Reduce heat to medium, add garlic and minced jalapenos and cook , stirring constantly until fragrant, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- 7Stir in broth, pureed mixture, and salt. Stirring frequently,continue cooking for 5 minutes or until rice is cooked through and the liquid has been absorbed, If the rice looks too dry before it is cooked through, add more puree or stock or plain water by tablespoonfuls to reach desired consistency.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Chipotle Mexican Rice
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.9
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 771.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo