Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Smokey and sweet. Not only a good mop for bbq pork, chicken or seafood, but also to dip chicken fingers.
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 pinch ground pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until very smooth, 1-2 minutes. Refrigerate.
- Sauce may become quite thick once refrigerated. Just heat for a few seconds in microwave.
- Recipe can be doubled or tripled and the level of chipotle pepper can be adjusted to suit personal preferences.
Fantastic exactly as written. Perfect blend of heat and sweetness and flavors... my husband said I should quit buying barbecue sauce and just make this. (And we live in the BBQ Capital of Texas!) We like things spicy, so I actually doubled the chipotles.
Well strap me to a rocket and send me up into space...cos this was out of this world!!
Seriously...this is quite simply the BEST barbecue sauce recipe that I have ever made-and I've been through quite a few believe me...DH actually said to cancel the search for his ultimate bbq sauce, as this was it.
Quick,simple,no cooking and tastes absolutely fantastic. We used it on pulled pork sandwiches...and we're still drooling...really glad that I doubled the recipe, as this stuff is good enough to drink!
Five stars....how mean, but that's all I'm allowed to give. Top marks to you gailanng...again!!!
Made with absolute pleasure for AUS/NZ Recipe Swap#50.
My dh & I both loved this bbq sauce. It was awesome, just packed full of heat and flavor. The only difference was that I used smoked chipotle chiles in adobe. Your recipe was quick and easy to make, with great instructions. My family will be enjoying this sauce often. I served it over meatloaf alongside your garlic mashed potatoes for a real taste experience. Thanks so much for sharing another winner.