1/1 Photo of Honey Chipotle Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches
From Cooking Light. I made this the other night and it was really yummy. It has a little spice to it, but it's not ultra spicy. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup tomato puree, canned
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (1 1/2 ounce) sandwich buns
- 2 ounces monterey jack cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 slices red onions
- 1Combine water, 1 teaspoon cumin, 4 sliced garlic cloves, and chicken in a large saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Drain, and place chicken on a cutting board. Cut chicken across grain into thin slices, keep warm.
- 2Remove 2 tablespoons adobo sauce from can; set aside. Remove 2 chipotle chilies from can; finely chop and set aside. Reserve remaining chilies and adobo sauce for another use.
- 3Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon minced garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until just beginning to brown. Add 1 teaspoon cumin; sauté 1 minute. Stir in tomato puree; cook 4 minutes or until mixture thickens to a paste like consistency, stirring constantly. Stir in reserved 2 tablespoons adobo sauce, 2 chopped chipotle chilies, vinegar, honey, Worcestershire, and 1/4 tsp salt. Add sliced chicken to sauce; simmer for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- 4Preheat broiler.
- 5Split rolls in half, arrange in a single layer, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Broil 1 minute or until lightly toasted. Remove top halves of rolls from baking sheet. Divide chicken mixture evenly with among bottom halves of rolls, and top chicken evenly with cheese. Broil chicken topped rolls until cheese melts. Remove from oven, top with red onion and top roll halves. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Chipotle Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.4
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 79.2 mg
- Sodium 560.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 18.3 g
- Protein 35.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo