Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 17 mins
From Cooking Light July 2006
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, seeded and chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans baked beans
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots; sauté 4 minutes or until golden.
- Add cumin and garlic; sauté for 1 minute.
- Add tomato puree and oil, and cook for 2 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add honey and the next 5 ingredients (through chiles). Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine beans and shallot mixture in a 2-quart baking dish. Bake for 1 hour or until thick and bubbly.
To double the chipotle in any recipe will make you invincible to the cops. Just ask my Sister#2. Excellent recipe, but that girrrlllll...