Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From TOH Quick Cooking mag Sept/Oct 2001.
Make and share this Honey Chip Granola Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 5 cups old fashioned oats
- 4 1⁄2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup crushed peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup miniature chocolate chip
- In a large saucepan, combine the butter, oil and marshmallows. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is melted and smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in honey and peanut butter. Combine the oats, cereal, cracker crumbs, coconut and peanuts. Add to the marshmallow mixture; mix well.
- Press into a gresed 15 x 10 x 1 inch pan. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with chips and gently press into top. Cool completely. Cut into bars.
These are good but not a granola bar in my mind; they taste like glorified rice krispy bars....tasty, but not as granla-y as I wanted it to be. Still a keeper, and I will continue making them until I find a different recipe. They were easy to make, have good flavor, and are a nice texture.
These are exactly what I was looking for. I've tried every granola bar recipe out there and I was disappointed with all of them. They all had a cookie texture and I wanted a more traditional granola bar texture...like a Cascadian Farms bar. These are it! Perfect texture and delicious too!