Top Review by Emily C.
Serriously the best chinese food recipe I have ever tried to make at home. Make this recipe, you will not be sorry. Futhermore, you will want to make this sauce and just put it on everything! It makes a great wing sauce.
- 1 1⁄2 kg chicken fillets
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 6 shallots
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice chicken and coat lightly with flour which has been seasoned with salt.
- Fry chicken in batches in hot oil until golden brown or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oil, drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Pour off excess oil leaving one tablespoon of oil in pan.
- Add ginger to pan, saute gently one minute.
- Add honey, stir for one minute.
- Add combined cornflour, water, chilli sauce, lemon juice and soy sauce.
- Stir until sauce boils and thickens.
- Add chicken pieces, toss in sauce for three minutes or until chicken is heated through.
- Add sliced shallots, cook for a further minute.
- Serve with rice or chinese noodles.