This stir-fry dish is from the cookbook Chinese Cooking Class. As with most stir-fry dishes, prepare the ingredients ahead because the cooking goes very quickly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove giblets from chicken and discard.
- 2Rinse chicken and cut into small serving-size pieces.
- 3Combine flour and salt.
- 4Coat chicken pieces with flour mixture.
- 5Heat oil in wok to 375ºF.
- 6Add chicken pieces, one at a time, to hot oil (cook only 1/3 of the pieces at a time).
- 7Cook until golden, about 5 minutes.
- 8Drain on paper towels.
- 9Repeat with remaining chicken.
- 10Pour all but 1 tablespoon of the oil out of wok.
- 11Combine water, lemon juice, cornstarch, chili sauce and soy sauce.
- 12Add ginger to oil in wok.
- 13Stir-fry 1 minute.
- 14Add honey to ginger.
- 15Cook and stir 1 minute.
- 16Add cornstarch-chili mixture to honey and ginger.
- 17Cook and stir until mixture boils, about 1 minute.
- 18Stir chicken pieces into chili mixture.
- 19Cook and stir until chicken is hot throughout, about 3 minutes.
- 20Stir in onions.
- 21Cook and stir 1 minute.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Chili Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (493 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2064.3
- Calories from Fat 1785
- Total Fat 198.3 g
- Saturated Fat 31.1 g
- Cholesterol 172.5 mg
- Sodium 624.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 45.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese chili sauce