Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another vegemite find for me. I have not made yet but am hoping to do so in the next few weeks. It looks so quick and easy!
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 500 g skinless chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 green capsicum, sliced
- 3 spring onions, cut into 3cm lengths
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 teaspoons vegemite
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted cashews
- rice, noodles or rice noodles, to serve
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add chicken, garlic and ginger and stir fry until browned.
- Add capsicum and spring onions and stir fry 2 minutes.
- Stir in combined water, honey, vegemite and cornflour. Add the bean shoots and cashews and continue to cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until sauce has thickened and heated through.
- Serve immediately with rice noodles.
This made a nice dinner over rice, I used a red capsicum and added a finely shredded chilli to give a little zing. Thanks Tisme for a quick easy meal to put together mid week, made for Edition 8 - Make My Recipe.
We enjoyed this recipe tonight as part of an Asian meal. The combination of vegies was great and the vegemite used in place of beef broth left me shaking my head wondering why I hadn't thought of using vegemite before. Quick, easy and tasty!!! Thanks for sharing your recipe!!
This was an absolutely wonderful recipe!! I have never used vegemite in a meal before and I have been missing out. As we are trying to eat less carbs in the evening I just added a lot of mixed vegetables, bok choy, carrot, snow peas, red and yellow capsicum instead of the green as I had a lot of green with other veg. As I added so many vegetables I had to up the amount of water so I adjusted amounts of vegemite and honey to reflect this. My hubby sat down took a bite and said " Yum, what is this it is excellent." He could not believe it when I said it had so much vegemite in it. I thought it would be so overpowering and only added the 3 teaspoons listed, as I had added the extra water I had to add more. What can I say it just works and so well. Well worth using my can't get often gold (Vegemite) I live overseas and we do not get a regular supply, but it was well worth dipping into the jar tonight. A great post Tisme. !!