Recipe by Tisme
Another vegemite find for me. I have not made yet but am hoping to do so in the next few weeks. It looks so quick and easy!
Top Review by I'mPat
This made a nice dinner over rice, I used a red capsicum and added a finely shredded chilli to give a little zing. Thanks Tisme for a quick easy meal to put together mid week, made for Edition 8 - Make My Recipe.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 500 g skinless chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 green capsicum, sliced
- 3 spring onions, cut into 3cm lengths
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 teaspoons vegemite
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted cashews
- rice, noodles or rice noodles, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add chicken, garlic and ginger and stir fry until browned.
- Add capsicum and spring onions and stir fry 2 minutes.
- Stir in combined water, honey, vegemite and cornflour. Add the bean shoots and cashews and continue to cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until sauce has thickened and heated through.
- Serve immediately with rice noodles.