Prep 3 hrs
Cook 40 mins
I got this from a TV cooking show, it's the perfect appitizer and kids love them.
- 2 limes, zest of, removed with a vegetable peeler
- 1⁄3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed, skins removed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, adjusted to your heat preference
- 24 chicken wings, washed and patted dry
- coarse salt
- Combine lime zest, lime juice, honey, garlic, soy sauce, and Tabasco sauce in a large bowl.
- Add chicken wings and toss to combine.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil, then with racks.
- Remove wings from the marinade and place on racks.
- (save the marinade).
- Brush wings with marinade and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast for 15 minutes and remove from oven.
- Baste with reserved marinate.
- Turn wings over and baste the second side.
- Return to oven and roast until cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
Great marinade! I used this on the larger wings and chicken legs; I only marinated the chicken for 3 hours but will marinate longer next time. I think this recipe would taste great as appetizer chicken wings, as the recipe calls for. Thanks!