Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe I got from a work mate back in the early 80's. Very simple and very tasty. I usually double the quantity as this is really only for 2 people.
- 8 chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- pepper, freshly ground
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Juice the lemon half. Mix together all the ingredients except for chicken wings.
- Place chicken wings into a shallow roasting dish and pour on half the marinade. Allow to stand (in fridge) for approximately 20 minutes.
- Prepare a moderate oven (180C) and cook chicken wings for about 15 minutes. Brush on the remaining marinade and return wings to the oven to complete cooking, approximately 30-35 minutes in all.
- Serve with green salad and herb bread.
Chicken wings, a temptation for all! Busyozmum, I love to eat wings so try different recipes off and on. Most of the time I preferred to deep fry the wings rather than baking or grilling. Your recipe seems to be delicious one. I will give it a try to have hot, spicy and sweet flavoured wings while omitting sherry wine and replacing it with hot sauce.<br/><br/>DbaiG<br/>Bolee.com
Excellent chicken wings. I took the skin off of mine and marinated them for 3 hours. Next time I will add some green onion and let them marinate even longer. I will also finish under the broiler to make them a bit crispy. I will absolutely make these again. Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap October 2008.
I've never cooked chicken wings in the oven before & found them a lot fattier than on the barbeque. The taste of the marinade was great - I made as directed & added just a teaspoon of sambal oelek for a bit of a kick. Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap December 2007. Thanks busyozmum for sharing this recipe.