Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Serve with garlic-roasted potato wedges and tossed salad.
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- cooking spray
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side.
- Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well. Remove chicken from oven; brush 1/4 cup honey mixture on chicken. Broil 1 minute. Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush chicken with remaining honey mixture. Broil 1 additional minute or until chicken is done.
Absolutely delicious! Where is that extra 6th star when you need it? The spices used in this recipe meld together nicely to create a wonderful coating for the chicken thighs, and the final step of brushing on the honey/cider really topped it off nicely to create a sweet and tangy glaze that everyone thoroughly enjoyed. I will make this dish often, and I can't think of a thing I would want to change. Thank you for sharing your recipe, Annie 007. Made for the "Best of 2011" tag game.
I was nervous that the thighs wouldn't be cooked with the short broiling time, so I baked them for about 20 minutes first then broiled for a couple minutes on each side, basting with the honey/vinegar mixture. These were delicious!! Will make again, thanks!
Made this tonight with a few changes. Used cornstarch instead of flour and added a half tablespoon of fresh ginger. Didn't add the salt and pepper and it was not missed. For easier clean-up, lined the pan with no-stick foil. YUM!