Susie in Texas's Note:
This is my concoction of all the things I love about stir-fry. Don't let the ingredient list spook you. It is very easily prepared.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (1 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 carrots, scraped and sliced into julienne strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into eighths
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut in quarter inch strips
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1Slice chicken into thin strips.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- 3Stir-fry chicken until lightly browned.
- 4Drain excess oil.
- 5In a small bowl, combine gravy mix, water, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- 6Stir until smooth consistency. Slowly pour sauce mixture over chicken in the skillet and heat and stir until thickened.
- 7Reduce heat to medium-low.
- 8Cover skillet/wok and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 9Add carrot strips and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- 10Stir in onion, bell pepper and water chestnuts.
- 11Continue to simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes or longer depending on how crunchy you prefer the veggies.
- 12Serve over hot rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Chicken Oriental
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.7
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 48.5 mg
- Sodium 1033.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 20.7 g