Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 small onions, chopped
- 1 pint mushroom, halved
- In a bowl, whisk together oil, honey, soy sauce and pepper.
- Before adding to chicken, reserve a small amount of marinade to brush onto kebabs while cooking.
- Place chicken, garlic, onions, mushrooms and marinade in a large ziploc bag and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours (the longer the better).
- Preheat barbecue for high heat.
- Drain marinade from chicken, discard marinade, thread chicken, onions and mushrooms onto skewers (pre soak 20 mins prior to grilling).
- Lightly oil barbecue grate, cook skewers for 12 to 15 mins until chicken juices run clear.
- Turn and brush with reserved marinade frequently.
These were not as sweet as I thought they were gonna be. I didn't put any veggies just the chicken.
I do not why this gem has not been discovered sooner, so easy to put together and if marinated in the morning and put skewers in water so easy to put together in the afternoon or evening. I just loved mixing the veg with the chicken in the marinade it just bought the flavours together so well, I did for dietary/allergy reasons have to use spring onion/scallions, green onions (with white parts) in place of normal onion and I scaled back to 6 serves but we were hungry and it served 4 (with one skewer left over - I did mention we were hungry), I served with fried rice and steamed vegetables. Thank you Tigerlillyblu for a lovely recipe, made for Bargain Basement Tag game.