Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I found this somewhere online and just cooked it up for diner tonight. Everyone loved it!!! Four cheese mashed potatoes, fried okra and sweet kernal corn were our sides with a biscut for bread. Two college students pooled resources and made enough to fill two growin men(boys). I baked the chicken for an hour and twenty minutes in the end and it was perfect, also I doubled the amount of honey mix but used only one egg yolk, also I used sweet cream butter (unsalted) and drizzled maybe 2 tbs honey over chicken in the last 10 minutes. I basted at 20 minutes then 50, turned chicken baked 20 minutes basted and baked 10 more. All that said this is a winner and i will make it again.
- 3 lbs whole chickens (cut into pieces)
- garlic powder
- ground black pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Rub chicken pieces with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolk with honey and butter or margarine, then brush this mixture over chicken pieces.
- Place chicken pieces, skin side down, in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 45 to 60 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear, basting with remaining butter or margarine.
- Just before serving, turn chicken over and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes to cook the skin on the other side.