Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
Who said salads have to be boring? This sounds like a really tasty salad that is a proper meal rather than just rabbit food. You could most likely cut a bit of the fat by using a fat free honey mustard salad dressing. This was first published in the July 2007 issue of BBC Good Food Magazine.
- 1 lb new potato, scrubbed and quartered lengthways
- 6 ounces green beans, fine beans, trimmed
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 ounces mixed salad greens
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, skinned and cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 pint honey mustard dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add beans and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Drain and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon for 2 to 3 minutes until crisp.
- Let the bacon cool and then snip into pieces.
- Scatter the salad and potatoes over a large serving plate.
- Toss the chicken with the beans and the dressing. Spoon over the salad.
- Scatter the bacon over and serve.