Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Who said salads have to be boring? This sounds like a really tasty salad that is a proper meal rather than just rabbit food. You could most likely cut a bit of the fat by using a fat free honey mustard salad dressing. This was first published in the July 2007 issue of BBC Good Food Magazine.
- Cook potatoes in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add beans and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Drain and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon for 2 to 3 minutes until crisp.
- Let the bacon cool and then snip into pieces.
- Scatter the salad and potatoes over a large serving plate.
- Toss the chicken with the beans and the dressing. Spoon over the salad.
- Scatter the bacon over and serve.
A nice tasty salad. It made for a great compliment to Chicken Pitas I had for lunch. A easy quick making salad worth repeating. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
This made for a very quick and easy week night meal. We served ours warm as it was a cold night and everything was ready to combine at the same time. Next time for a cold salad I will add some cherry tomatoes for added colour. Thanks for a 'keeper' in my book :)