Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious salad, from Good Food magazine
- 450 g new potatoes, scrubbed and quartered lengthways
- 175 g fine green beans, trimmed
- 6 slices rindless streaky bacon
- 120 g mixed salad greens (or your own mix of leaves)
- 4 cooked skinless chicken breasts, into chunks
- 150 ml honey mustard dressing (bought or home made)
- Cook potatoes in boiling water till tender.
- Also cook the beans.
- Drain them both and leave to cool.
- Fry the bacon till crisp, let cool and cut into pieces.
- Scatter salad leaves on serving plate, and put the potatoes on top.
- Toss the chicken and beans as much dressing as you like, and spoon over the salad.
- Top with bacon pieces and serve.
A very yummy salad indeed! I had this for a light meal tonight (so that I could have ice cream and still be in calorie count..lol). I used baby spinach in place of mixed leaves because I had had a package that needed to be used up and it worked well. I also used a fat free honey mustard dressing which meant the bacon was the only indulgent thing in the recipe but that little bit of bacon brought a whole lot of taste to the salad. Made for PAC Spring 2009.