Prep 4 hrs
Cook 1 hr
A friend gave me this recipe. It is a recipe that doesn't take much thought when preparing it. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut up and skinned
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine butter, honey, mustard, lemon juice and paprika, stirring well.
- Lightly sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and place chicken meat side down, in a lightly greased 12 x 8 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Pour honey mixture over chicken; cover dish and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove chicken dish from refrigerator; bake, covered, at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover, turn chicken pieces; bake and additional 30 minutes or until done, basting occasionally with pan drippings.
I used dijon mustard, and it came out excellent! I served it to guests with rice and green beans on the side, and everyone loved it. Thanks, Audrey!
Extremely moist, great taste. My family loved it!
Pretty good, thanks for posting.