Recipe by reddi sketti
This chicken turns out so good and it's pretty simple. I've made it for Easter Dinner several years.
Top Review by Queen Dana
Great Recipe! We didn't have a whole chicken, so we used some cut up chicken pieces we had (thigh is pictured). very easy glaze, but delicious! We look forward to trying this with a whole chicken next time we have one. Made for PAC 2010
- 4 lbs whole chickens
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- If chicken comes with neck and giblets them pull out and discard. Also, pull out fat from inside of chicken, and rinse.
- Set chicken in roasting pan, Roast for 20 minutes.Meanwhile, mix 6 tablespoons honey with the wine, soy sauce and pepper in a small bowl.
- Remove chicken from oven and brush all over with honey mixture. Add 1/2 cup of water to roasting pan. Roast chicken 20 more minutes.
- Turn chicken over and brush all over with honey mixture. If it's browning to fast, cover with foil. If pan is dry, add a few tablespoons of water. Roast 10 - 20 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Move chicken to a cutting board.
- To make sauce, pour the juices from the bottom of the pan to a small sauce pot. Skim off the fat. Add in any unused honey mixture. Bring to a boil.
- Mix corn starch with 4 table spoons of cold water and wisk into chicken juices. Return to a boil. Simmer 1-2 minutes until thickened. Remove form heat and stir in remaining 2 tablespoons of honey. Season with salt & pepper.
- Carve chicken and serve with sauce.