Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This chicken turns out so good and it's pretty simple. I've made it for Easter Dinner several years.
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- If chicken comes with neck and giblets them pull out and discard. Also, pull out fat from inside of chicken, and rinse.
- Set chicken in roasting pan, Roast for 20 minutes.Meanwhile, mix 6 tablespoons honey with the wine, soy sauce and pepper in a small bowl.
- Remove chicken from oven and brush all over with honey mixture. Add 1/2 cup of water to roasting pan. Roast chicken 20 more minutes.
- Turn chicken over and brush all over with honey mixture. If it's browning to fast, cover with foil. If pan is dry, add a few tablespoons of water. Roast 10 - 20 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Move chicken to a cutting board.
- To make sauce, pour the juices from the bottom of the pan to a small sauce pot. Skim off the fat. Add in any unused honey mixture. Bring to a boil.
- Mix corn starch with 4 table spoons of cold water and wisk into chicken juices. Return to a boil. Simmer 1-2 minutes until thickened. Remove form heat and stir in remaining 2 tablespoons of honey. Season with salt & pepper.
- Carve chicken and serve with sauce.
Great Recipe! We didn't have a whole chicken, so we used some cut up chicken pieces we had (thigh is pictured). very easy glaze, but delicious! We look forward to trying this with a whole chicken next time we have one. Made for PAC 2010
must make this sounds yummy thanks for sharing your recipe :}