Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe definitely sounds spec & would require a spec occasion as it uses only 1/4 cup of dry champagne. I suppose a split can be used or even a good Asti. My source here is my MasterCook Deluxe computer program & they acknowledged the National Honey Board. I will depend on those of you able to try this to tell me if it is as worthy as it appears to me. (Times do not include time for sauce to cool) Enjoy!
- 1 (16 ounce) can tart red cherries
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup dry champagne (chilled)
- Drain cherries, reserving 1/4 cup liquid.
- Purée cherries in blender or food proc.
- Add reserved liquid & honey.
- Transfer mixture to large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over med-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low & simmer 15-20 min until reduced by half.
- Remove from heat & cool.
- Just before serving, stir in champagne.
- Serve over ice cream, flan, pound cake or sliced fruit.