1 hr 25 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. This new-fashioned bubble bread I created has a hidden honey cheesecake filling inside each biscuit. Top these little dessert biscuits with chocolate sauce and some sweet & salty almonds for a decadently delicious ending to any meal. Better yet, serve anytime with steaming mugs of coffee!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 2/3 cups slivered almonds
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten until frothy
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided use
- 2 tablespoons honey, chilled
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream, well chilled
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 (10 count) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter, divided use
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 15x10-inch jellyroll pan with Reynolds Wrap Foil. Spray with no-stick cooking spray.
- 2Place almonds in a large bowl. Stir egg white, water and vanilla together in a small bowl. Pour over almonds. Stir to evenly coat. Stir sugars and salt together in a small bowl. Pour over almond mixture. Toss to evenly coat. Spread evenly on foil-lined pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until almonds are glazed, stirring occasionally.
- 3Remove from oven. Allow to cool before removing from foil and breaking apart any large clumps. Place in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 4Meanwhile, for biscuits, line bottom and sides of a 13x9x2-inch baking dish or pan with a large sheet of Reynolds Wrap Foil. Spray with no-stick cooking spray. In a small deep mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and ¼ cup of sugar on low speed until smooth. Add honey, cream and extract. Beat on low speed until combined.
- 5Spread each biscuit to a 3-4 inch circle. Add a scant tablespoon of cream cheese mixture in center of each biscuit. Enclose biscuits around mixture and seal. Arrange 15 biscuits in foil-lined dish. Drizzle with half of melted butter then sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of remaining sugar. Add remaining 15 biscuits and drizzle with remaining butter then sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- 6Bake for 25-35 minutes until biscuits are done and tops are golden brown, covering with another sheet of Reynolds Wrap Foil during last 10 minutes of baking time to prevent overbrowning. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a large serving platter.
- 7Meanwhile, for sauce, whisk chocolate, cream, salt, and vanilla together in a small deep mixing bowl. Place in a small bowl. Cover with Reynolds Wrap Foil to keep warm.
- 8Arrange bowls of almonds and sauce on edge of platter. For each serving, place 2-3 biscuits on each serving plate and drizzle with warm sauce as desired then sprinkle with a few almonds. Serve warm. Serves 10-12.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Cheesecake Bubble Bread With Chocolate Sauce #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 899.1
- Calories from Fat 478
- Total Fat 53.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 71.1 mg
- Sodium 1438.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 44.1 g
- Protein 15.3 g